cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

YouTube API

Jump to solution

Hi guys,

Looking at the XML file of YouTube API, version shows as mwg-version="7.7.1.2.0-23179" and we can currently running 7.8.2.14.0.

Does that cause YouTube API not to work?

We have replaced the API key with New API key using https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im69kzhpR3I but does MWG is not able to fetch the YouTube Metadata.

Dashboard Error attached.

Error on the Log

[12/Dec/2019:00:14:24 -0500] Unable to fetch result from YouTube - Will Fail Open!

Any suggestions ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: YouTube API

Jump to solution

Hi,

this is probably an issue with your API project + key + contingent.

I could reproduce this issue and got exactly the same error message when using my saved API key which I created some months ago and was working fine.

So I went to this website:
https://console.developers.google.com/

There I had 2 Google API projects created and in each, the youtube API v3 service was activated.
I checked the project which has included my latest youtube API v3 key and have seen the following contingent (can be checked under: select your project > Dashboard > click on "Youtube Data API V3" in below table > Quota).
Youtube API v3 service.JPG (66 KB)

Contingent:
"Queries per day 0
Queries per 100 seconds per user 300.000
Queries per 100 seconds 3.000.000"

Then I simply created a new project.
New project.JPG (61 KB)

In there, I navigated to "Dashboard" on the left site and then pressed the button in the middle called "Enable APIS and Services". In there, I searched for "youtube" and activated the "youtube API v3" service. In there, I created new "Credentials" along with a new key.
When I then checked the contingent in new project, it looked like this:
"Queries per day 10.000

So I used this new key in youtube API v3 rule set and it was immediately working fine.
IMPORTANT: At the end I have seen, that next to the contingent numbers, there is also a button with pencil icon where you can request/set new limit but I have not tried this.

As mentioned above, issue was/is related to Google/Youtube project + key + contingent. For whatever reason, Google/Youtube seems to reduce/reset contingent for me, if key was not used for a long time (already happened 2 or 3 times to me, I only use this for testing 2 or 3 times a year).

Regards and a merry Christmas!
Marcel

Regards,
Marcel Kutrieba
Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Hi,

this is probably an issue with your API project + key + contingent.

I could reproduce this issue and got exactly the same error message when using my saved API key which I created some months ago and was working fine.

So I went to this website:
https://console.developers.google.com/

There I had 2 Google API projects created and in each, the youtube API v3 service was activated.
I checked the project which has included my latest youtube API v3 key and have seen the following contingent (can be checked under: select your project > Dashboard > click on "Youtube Data API V3" in below table > Quota).
Youtube API v3 service.JPG (66 KB)

Contingent:
"Queries per day 0

Then I simply created a new project.
New project.JPG (61 KB)

In there, I navigated to "Dashboard" on the left site and then pressed the button in the middle called "Enable APIS and Services". In there, I searched for "youtube" and activated the "youtube API v3" service. In there, I created new "Credentials" along with a new key.
When I then checked the contingent in new project, it looked like this:
"Queries per day 10.000

So I used this new key in youtube API v3 rule set and it was immediately working fine.
IMPORTANT: At the end I have seen, that next to the contingent numbers, there is also a button with pencil icon where you can request/set new limit but I have not tried this.

As mentioned above, issue was/is related to Google/Youtube project + key + contingent. For whatever reason, Google/Youtube seems to reduce/reset contingent for me, if key was not used for a long time (already happened 2 or 3 times to me, I only use this for testing 2 or 3 times a year).

Regards and a merry Christmas!
Marcel

Regards,
Marcel Kutrieba
Technical Support Engineer

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for getting back.

I will reply back once it is sorted.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Thanks,

Gagan

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the tip.

Issue was the quota of YouTube API key.

Thanks,

Gagandeep

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community