cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msiemens
Level 9

Yahoo UK redirect loop

Jump to solution

Some of our International users are using yahoo.co.uk, but receive a "This webpage has a redirect loop" error when users click on many of the links.

For example, clicking the outlined links results in the redirect loop error. This occurs in Chrome and IE, in MWG v7 and v6.

Yahoo.png

As far as I know, this is only occurring on yahoo.co.uk. Does anyone know what causes this and how to resolve it?

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eelsasser
Level 15

Re: Yahoo UK redirect loop

Jump to solution

Some of the Yahoo sites have a strange redirection mechanism that throws itself into a loop if the proxy sends a Via: header in the request.

Remove the Via: header and the sites should work better.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
eelsasser
Level 15

Jump to solution

Some of the Yahoo sites have a strange redirection mechanism that throws itself into a loop if the proxy sends a Via: header in the request.

Remove the Via: header and the sites should work better.

0 Kudos
msiemens
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks! That did the trick in MWGv7. I was able to remove the Via header  for *.yahoo.co.uk and *.yahoo.com.

We're still converting from MWGv6. How can I do the same thing in v6?

Mike

0 Kudos
rwp747
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Folks,

Can you explain to me how this was done?  Here is a screenshot of our Remove Header ruleset.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
msiemens
Level 9

Jump to solution

Here's the rule. The Yahoo sites are in the list.

RemoveVia.PNG

Make sure that Proxy Control removes the Via header:

ProxyControl.PNG

BTW, I set the Via header in user-defined text string. The standard Via header sends information that you might not want want to give away. If you go to WhatsMyIP.org | More Info About You, you can see the contents of the Via header that you're sending.

Mike

0 Kudos