cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ozz
Level 7

WiFi access point pointing to proxy server (MWG)

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm suffering a problem with the WiFi access points when deploying the MWG as a proxy..

I don't know how to forward access points traffic to the MWG that is configured as proxy...

(as you know) we can configure the default gateway (not the proxy) for the access point  !!

any suggestions ?!?!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: WiFi access point pointing to proxy server (MWG)

Jump to solution

Hello,

have you configure the port redirect in the transparent router configuration to intercept port 80 and/or 443? If you do not configure a port redirect MWG will route all traffic, but not intercept anything.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
7 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Do exactly that. Configiure MWG in Transparent router mode and then set the default gateway of the WiFi AP to the MWG.

For information on setting up Transparent Router, see page 103-107 of the Product Guide (https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD24047).

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
ozz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello Jon,

Firstly,I would like to thank you for the reply.

But,,I cant change the deployment mode of MWG (it must be configured as Proxy) due to other considerations..is there any way to handle the problem ??

(again, I don't know how to forward access points traffic to the MWG that is configured as proxy )

0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

Jump to solution

When in transparent router mode, you can also use it as an explicit proxy simultaneously.

Do you have the ability to intercept the wireless traffic with WCCP at an intermediate router or firewall?

Have you considered creating a second virtual appliance on VMware and using that one for the wireless network only?

0 Kudos
ozz
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hello eelsasser,

thanx for the multi-options solution you gave me

0 Kudos
ozz
Level 7

Jump to solution

I've tried the third option,,I've created a VM (using VMware workstation)...and configured it as Transparent router..and made it my defaul gateway..
However, I had an internet access through the VM (and I'm sure of that) but without any filteration (or even traffic interception !!!) why is that ?

any suggestions !

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

have you configure the port redirect in the transparent router configuration to intercept port 80 and/or 443? If you do not configure a port redirect MWG will route all traffic, but not intercept anything.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
ozz
Level 7

Jump to solution

hello andre,

thanx alot...it works..you are the best

0 Kudos