cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chvgms
Level 7

Webwasher 7.1 reporting

All,

We have recently upgraded to 7.1 ver (HW replacement). I would like to know is there a feature in the new version to see the top 50 users (as per browsing history and data downloaded)? I know that there is a inbuilt option to see the list, but it is not metting my requirement.

Thanks,

Sridhar

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sroering
Level 13

Re: Webwasher 7.1 reporting

You could use Web Reporter or Content Security Reporter. Both products should be free with Web Gateway / WebWasher. One or both should be available for download from our website using your grant number.

http://www.mcafee.com/us/downloads/downloads.aspx

To make sure your logs are configured correctly, see this article for help.

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4812

0 Kudos
chvgms
Level 7

thanks for the response. But i dont think i can get the report that i am looking ofr. we already had we reporter for generating daily browsing report which includes username, name of the site, date and time. i am looking for the report which includes the amount of data he has downloaded.

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

If you are using Web Reporter 5.2.0+, then you get downstream, upstream, and combined values.  But that information needs to be in your logs or Web Reporter won't have that information available for reports.

0 Kudos
chvgms
Level 7

so do i need to enable any setting in the configuration?

0 Kudos
jkkimbal
Level 7

You'd need to ensure that your logsource was including the bytes_to_client header in your logs, and be populating that field with the 'BytesToClient' value from inside of MWG.

The default stock MWG7 'Access Log' ruleset under Policy -> Rule Sets -> Log Handler -> Default includes this. If you've modified your access.log formatting or created a new logging rule that you are using instead of the default one you'll want to double-check your rule to make sure we're sending the correct data over.

0 Kudos