cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
feeeds
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 21 of 31

Re: Webgateway and DXL Integration done - what is missing in my configuration?

Jump to solution

I do not see the message bus extension on the download site, is this a production extension, or or only available to beta testers. Mwg shows in epo as a registered server.  I see previous comments relating to mobile epo.. ... I am not using the mobile version of epo.  thanks

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor Troja
Reliable Contributor
Message 22 of 31

Jump to solution

Hi,

the exactly name is Mobile EPO extension and can be found at https://contentsecurity.mcafee.com

Cheers

MEPO.jpg

Jump to solution

I am trying to do the same thing. I have installed the MePO Extension in ePO, changed the McAfee Agent policy, created the DXL connection in Web Gateway... but I don't see MWG in the System Tree and requests handled by MWG end up resulting in an error: 35000 DXL is not available. I think I have the DXL connection wrong but I'll fiddle around with it some more and post the solution when I get it to work.

Reliable Contributor
Message 24 of 31

Jump to solution

Hi,

activate the DXL Tracing in your MWG Gui under Configuration -> Troubleshooting. Afterwards take a look if there is a useful information.

If there was any problem with the "DXL registration", perhaps with the certificate download, you have to reset this on MWG. This must be done with the command line at the moment.

-Stop MWG services: service mwg stop

-Delete the contents inside the folder: /opt/mwg/data/dxl -> do NOT delete any subfolder or content within any subfolder.

-Start MWG services: service mwg start

It takes some time until MWG is visible in the EPO Systemtree.

Hope this helps,

Cheers

Jump to solution

Thank you, that's very useful information. As it turns out, when I booted up my VM's to test a little more today, the DXL on MWG seems to be working fine. I can also see that it registered in ePO only today.

I did enable the tracing for DXL to see what I can expect and it's looking good. I got a trace for winscp575setup.exe and it looks like it's doing what it's supposed to do.

I wasn't getting much reputation information but as it turns out, I need to install the MEP extension (according to the second post in this thread), which turns out to be the MWG extension. I think that did the trick and I'm getting reputation information on MWG now.

Thanks again

Jump to solution

Troja,

Now it's my turn to have fun with MWG to DXL communications.

Is this applicable  "Enable msgbus authentication using test certificates" in the Mcafee Agent policy. I don't recall running into this in the PG or McAfee knowledgebase. Yet I don't have MWG showing up in the System Tree nor does the /opt/mwg/dxl/data/MWG_dxl.conf file have the DXL brokers listed.

I have deleted the files there and restarted the mwg-core service, and have select rejoin in the MWG 7.6.2 configuration Menu - ePO.

Reliable Contributor
Message 27 of 31

Jump to solution

Hi all,

tested again with the latest MWG version (7.6.1.20827) and the latest TIE version. There are still Files generated in TIE without filename.

Is there a new TIE integration ruleset or Whitepaper available?

Cheers

Reliable Contributor
Message 28 of 31

Jump to solution

Hi all,

has anyone an idea for my problem?? MWG is able to communicate with TIE. I can block file downloads based on TIE reputation.

But, there is no MWG reputation information available in TIE.

Any Ideas??

Cheers

Jump to solution

Hi,

Your criteria send "MWG reputation" and the hash of all files that are non executable archives to TIE.

Isn't it too much? Shouldn't the criteria be with a AND and not OR? So we only send executables that are not archives.

I tried this rule as is to check and it did really slow the surf.

@Troja: I have opened a case for the same issue (TIE 1.3 and MWG 7.6.2.2). I'll update this thread.

Reliable Contributor
Message 30 of 31

Jump to solution

Hi ​,

take a look here.

Cheers

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community