Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snikhil03
Level 7

Webgateway HA configuration with 2 WG

Hi ,

I have 2 WGs and i am planning to configure HA

If I configure priority on one node as 99 and the other node as 80 ,I believe first one will act as a dirctor and if it goes down the second one will act as director.

What I want to know is Can director do the scanning also other than directing the traffic.

Can you some one help on this query .

Would like to know if one director fails ,other node goes active as a director and would it start filtering ?

regards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
haaris
Level 10

Re: Webgateway HA configuration with 2 WG

Hi,

By default director node is also a scanning node & if the first one(director node) fails the second one will automatically become as a director node.

I have tested 100 times & it works perfectly.

You can also get a lot of useful ingormation regarding Proxy HA through the link https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4819

Hope it helps u ...

0 Kudos
snikhil03
Level 7

Thanks a lot .

How does it distribute the load.?

Any idea?

0 Kudos
haaris
Level 10

It is clearly mentioned in the doc link shared to you....

You have to configure port redirect option as mentioned...

I had tried in my environment but still its not able to distribute the load may be bcoz we have lesser no of traffic than it is required actually to distribute the load...

We also logged case for this but support told us that there is some internal algorithm accordind to which proxy calculate the traffic & then distribute it,there is no fixed number of request,its all about internal calculation......

So till now we are  also not able to distribute the load.....

May be if no of request are higher then it will work......

0 Kudos