Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 13

Re: WebReporter does not appear in Browser

Here are the lines from the server.log of an unseccessful attempt to login:

2012-05-03 08:16:21,871 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.interfaces.AdminServerMerger] before method doLoginInternal

2012-05-03 08:16:21,902 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] before method doLoginInternal

2012-05-03 08:16:21,902 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.impl.LoginImpl] Internal login successful

2012-05-03 08:16:21,902 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] doLoginInternal is successfully invoked

2012-05-03 08:16:21,902 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] after method doLoginInternal

2012-05-03 08:16:21,902 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.interfaces.AdminServerMerger] after method doLoginInternal

2012-05-03 08:16:21,902 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.interfaces.AdminServerMerger] before method getFontsForLocale

2012-05-03 08:16:21,918 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] before method getFontsForLocale

2012-05-03 08:16:21,918 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.common.core.util.ResourceAsset] Could not find or read file at any locations: [0]='..\..\conf\resources\system\font.properties' [1]='null'

2012-05-03 08:16:21,918 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] getFontsForLocale is successfully invoked

2012-05-03 08:16:21,918 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] after method getFontsForLocale

2012-05-03 08:16:21,918 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.interfaces.AdminResponse] Return value: java.util.ArrayList

2012-05-03 08:16:21,918 INFO  [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.interfaces.AdminServerMerger] after method getFontsForLocale

Did this help to locate my problem?

Greetings

Michael

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 12 of 13

Those messages are just the normal chatter and not really helpful.

How about messages from the java console on the client side?

I tested IE9 64bit on Windows Server 2008 and didn't encounter any issue.

Testing from a couple of different Win7 machines I'm having issues too, but appears that the java plugin isn't getting installed.  What do you see in your browser? what happens when you go to https://ip_address:9112/reporter

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 13 of 13

Hi, sroering!

Thank you very much - your answer helped me to find an end in this problem. But you told me the solution in one of your earlier postings, but obviuosly I was blind.

The solution was the IP in combination of secure connection - and a new installation of Java in both versions (32 an 64bit). Now everything is very fine running and in the log of WebReporter and Java everything looks very good. There is no problem to call WebReporter in IE 32bit or 64bit, even Firefox is working......................

................ and there is a silly thing what happened now:

If opening WebReporter with IE by using https and the IP with port 9112 then it is possible to open WebReporter even parallel on the same client by using Firefox and the normal server-URL with port 9111 and http !

But however - the problem is solved now ! Thank you very much!

Greetings from

Michael

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community