Hello at all,
hope that anyone can help me with a -little- problem:
After getting my new workstation with a Windows7-System (64bit) I tried with several methods to get a mask from WebReporter in my browser. I tried nearly all possibilities from wich I thought, that there was the reason: different browsers, (IE even with 32bit and 64bit), several Java-Versions - nothing is working. Meanwhile I am using the Interface with a rdp-connection on the server direct or I use a virtual XP-machine.
But it would be nice to use the interface without such "workarounds", so I hope that anyone can help me. Thanks a lot!
many thanks for your prompt responses. And here are my answers to your questions:
@Andrè: Yes, you are right, on my virtualXP everything works exactly as it should. The version of WebReporter is the newest, I think. It's version 5.2.0.05, Build 1214
@sroering: Sorry, that I did not wrote it in my first posting, but I use WebReporter for nearly 3 years in different versions and from different workstations. And I knew it from former times, that WebReporter -even in earlier times "ContentReporter"- sometimes needs different addresses to "speak with". But be sure that in my desparation I tried these different possibilities, too.
And it was my workstation, which changed, not the WebReporter's Version.
Thank you a lot, every hint is welcome!
If this is the first time you are connecting from the XP machine, and you can connect from other machines, then likely you are using the wrong URL. The correct URL is is http://host_or_ip:91111/reporter or https://host_or_ip:9112/reporter.
It's also documented in the product guide and in this Knowledge Base article.
specifically, you can have issues connecting to Web Reporter for the first time, or after an upgrade if you are bookmarking something different, such as .../reporter/index.jsp page. There is a boot-up process when you connect to check the client applet version and update it if necessary that won't work correctly if you don't use the documented URL.
Hello to all,
it`s getting very silent here - does really no one have even an idea to help???
Here an other hint, which perhaps can be useful and which I do not told about already:
When I try to open WebReporter I get the normal Java-sign - I tell it a very quick clock, and then the blank browser-window becomes a little bit darker then white. But that it is, then nothing further happened. I think, that the connection is complete, but only the view is blocked by any AddOn or something like that.
Did this help a little bit to get new ideas???
Since it works from the local machine, it is either network or client related. I'm unaware of any Windows 7 specific issues. You saidthat you tried IE, there shouldn't be any browse compatibility issues. I assume you are not blocked due to a firewall, or something else obvious? What specifically do you see in the browseer?
After you try to connect, look at the end of the server.log for a message like below. (.../Web Reporter/reporter/log/server.log)
2012-04-13 16:48:08,387 INFO [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.ejb3.session.LoginGatewayLogger] Start Handshake: version=5.2.0.05 (10.1.93.22)
2012-04-13 16:48:08,387 INFO [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] before method doHandshake
2012-04-13 16:48:08,387 INFO [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.impl.PreLoginHandshakeImpl] Client version is OK: 5.2.0.05
2012-04-13 16:48:08,387 INFO [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] doHandshake is successfully invoked
2012-04-13 16:48:08,387 INFO [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.facade.AdminServerFacade] after method doHandshake
2012-04-13 16:48:08,387 INFO [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.gateway.ejb3.session.LoginGatewayLogger] Finish Handshake: version 5.2.0.05 *** 0--SUCCESS (10.1.93.22)
If you don't, then the browser isn't getting the applet.
I have IE8-64bit working without issue after getting the java plugin installed and clicking past the certificate warnings. If you're having issues with 64-bit, perhaps it's security related and something is being denied permission.
It does not work on my Windows 7 machine trying to use IE 64bit
As soon as I switch to IE 32 bit, it works and loads fine.