cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebGateway 7.3.2 - Coaching problems

Hi everybody,

we have some problems with coaching.

Config number 1, for company X: Everything is alright, if you search a coaching site over google e.g. amazon you're able to click on the result links and the coaching page will appear. One click on "Yes" and you will be redirected.

1.png

Config number 2, for company Y: If you search a coaching site over google e.g. amazon your not able to click on the result links, if you click on it nothing happens. But if you open it in a new tab, the coaching site will appear ?!?!? WHY o.O

2.png

Has anyone an idea ?

Thanks.

Cheers

Andreas

0 Kudos
5 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: WebGateway 7.3.2 - Coaching problems

Hi Andreas,

The rules dont look like the defaults, or they are older broken versions.

I would recommend starting with the defaults and deviating from there.

Specifically, the ruleset is missing some important criteria, that allows the coaching activation to work. Without it, coaching will not work.

See below screenshot of the defaults:

x_2013-06-12_101317.png

y_2013-06-12_101332.png

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos

Thanks for the default configs.

But It didn't work. I've the same issue as before: If you click on the link it won't open, but if you opens a new tab the coaching session page appers.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Please post new screenshots so I can assist further.

0 Kudos

10.png

20.png

thanks for helping.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

I cant tell from the screenshots because the important information is redacted.

Are you referencing separate settings containers for the rules calling Quota.Coaching<setting1> and Quota.Coaching<setting2>?

Either way, you are on 7.3.2, try running a visual rule trace and see what you can find. You can find it under Troubleshooting > Rule tracing central

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos