Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
michael-s-w
Level 9

WebGateway 7.3.2.11.0 Error: Download Application Control AppPrism

Jump to solution

Hi Community,

I have a question to find the entrance, to solve the following problem:

Since some time the dashboard on the virtual appliance shows the error, that the download of the "McAfee Gateway Application Control  AppPrism-DB..." failed.Here is a screenshot:

Now - I don´t like the red color in the dashboard, so please can anyone tell me, how I will come to a green field?

In other words: How can I fix the problem?

Thank you very much for your help!

Greetings from Wuppertal

Michael

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michael-s-w
Level 9

Re: WebGateway 7.3.2.11.0 Error: Download Application Control AppPrism

Jump to solution

Here is the solution, Andre found:

Because we use a next-hop-proxy Andre found out, that those appliances block the McAfee-update of the AppControl - files, because they do not accept the certificate.

In other words: McAfee blocks his own certificates! Never thought about this, it is too funny!

To fix this behavior you put some entries in the "SSL Inspection White List" , which you can find in the Policies Rule Sets under "SSL Scanner > Certificate Verification > Content Inspection" . there you fill in two entries, one for "tau*.mcafee.com" , and the second for "mwg-update.mcafee.com" ... and that is all.

Again on this way many thanks to Andre, and if you think I wrote something wrong please feel free to correct it!

Greetings from Wuppertal

Michael

15 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

What version is the appprism database currently on? You can find it under Dashboard > Charts and Tables > System Summary. 3.270 is the latest so I am just wondering if it is failing during the download, or failing when checking with the download server.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
michael-s-w
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Jon,

sorry for the late answer, but I was absent!

The version I can read in the System Summary is " McAfee Application Control 3.201.1

To be sure giving you the correct information here is a screenshot:

I think it is failing while checking with the download server, if I look at the version number as it is and compare it with the actual number of version.

Greetings from Michael

0 Kudos
michael-s-w
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hello from Germany,

is there really no one, who can help me fix this problem?

I thought Jon got an idea after asking me about the version-number. Please, don´t leave me alone with this courious thing!

Greetings from

Michael

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

Sorry, was out of town after I replied to this post. I don't have any other ideas with this limited information.

I would advise filing a ticket if you have not already, please include a feedback. Do not post the feedback here, feel free to post the SR # though.

Best,

Jon

michael-s-w
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Jon,

thanks for your answer.

I will open a service release with a feedback file.

Greetings from Wuppertal

0 Kudos
michael-s-w
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi again,

After upgrading all my proxy-systems to version 7.4.2.3.0 (18233) I come back to this question, because there is an update of the problem.

I thought, that the problem perhaps will disappear after the upgrade, but I was wrong, it is still alive. But now I recognize the problem - even the solution is now the problem.

In our organization there are several different proxy-systems, some of them only work in the inner circle. The "normal" proxie´s I update using the GUI - buttons, but these both VMs I can only update/upgrade in use with console-commands, putting the path of one outgoing proxy in the "yum"-command. And that is the only difference.

Now I am searching in the configuration, where I can enter this path, so the gateways can fetch the update of the application control itself.

Here an update of the situation as it is...

... and as it had to be:

After clarify the buttom of the problem I hope that you can help me now - thank you so much!

Greetings from Wuppertal

Michael

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

What was the SR # for this issue? I tried digging but could not find it.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
michael-s-w
Level 9

Jump to solution

Hi Jon,

cannot give you a SR-Number, because we want to wait first, if there is a change in the new upgrade.

If I would have opened a SR, I would not post a question here again. I open a SR in that cases, when it is really urgent, than we get help after a short time of waiting. First I try to get help in this forum, because sometimes that is more helpful even for others, when they search for a solution for their problem, what seems to be the same as mine.

On the other hand there is -at the moment- no reason to open a SR, because my question gets modified. Now we know the reason for the problem and my question was about a solution for this new finding.

If there is no idea, I will open a SR:

Greetings from

Michael

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hi Michael,

MWG writes an "update.log". Are you able to look into the update log and find an error logged there? If so, can you lookup the lines before the error is logged. In one of the lines you should see something called an "Update ID". This is a unique identifier our update server sends creates. With that Update ID I can have a look at what MWG and our update servers talked to each other and see if there is something obvious going wrong.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos