cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hon
Level 9

Web reporter[configure user group]

Does anyone know how to add info about user group in access.log. Right now, we have the web reporter with web gateway but the info about user group in web reporter isn't appear and there is no info in the access.log . Does anyone  know how to configure it?

7 Replies
sroering
Level 13

Re: Web reporter[configure user group]

Adding groups to the access log won't work. You need to configure a directory in Web Reporter. Follow these instructions.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67630

0 Kudos
hon
Level 9

Can i do this in trail version or i need to activate premium feature first?

0 Kudos
andyclements
Level 12

Both versions are capable of doing this.

0 Kudos
hon
Level 9

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG

I have set the directory but user group still not be appeared what i did wrong?

0 Kudos
andyclements
Level 12

User group data is populated when a log file is parsed.  Because of this you won't see information filled in on older entries.  If new data comes in and the groups data is still not filled them we can look at possible directory configuration issues.

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Sorry, but this is wrong.

Andy Clements wrote:

User group data is populated when a log file is parsed.  Because of this you won't see information filled in on older entries.  If new data comes in and the groups data is still not filled them we can look at possible directory configuration issues.

You need to follow the KB exactly and you can synchronize existing data.  You should stop importing logs, and disable log sources while configuring the directory. Once users are correctly assigned to your directory, then you can resume parsing logs.  Otherwise you will have duplicate users and that is not reversable.

I'm not sure what you did wrong since you didn't provide your directory config tab.  Don't be fooled by the directory test. It only tests the connection, it doesn't actually test your group config.

0 Kudos
hon
Level 9

Thank for your both help. I can configure the group already and sorry that i haven't follow the KB for the first time because I don't understand some content .The reason that the group wasn't appeared because i didn't set the filter to query log information but when i did it work properly . Thank a lot for you help again

0 Kudos