Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slizka
Level 7

Web Reporter pull logs from MWG

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is there some additional setting to enable the Web Reporter to pull logs from Web Gateway?

I've made account with permission to REST interface and enabled REST in UI settings of Web Gateway.

In Web Reporter I've added new log source, set collect log files from MWG 7.x, configured IP/TLS/username+password configured on MWG with access to REST interface, but when I try to Browse UUID, I'm getting error

"Unable to contact the Web Gateway server '10.10.10.35:4712'.  Please confirm that the server is running, and then try again." which is strange error because the MWG is on the same subnet and is reachable via browser from the Web Reporter server.

Can't figure out what might be wrong in my setup. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Br. Ales

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Web Reporter pull logs from MWG

Jump to solution

Which version of MWG are you using right now? There is an issue for MWG 7.5.2.8 and higher. You can check your server.log and if you see this message:

ERROR [securecomputing.smartfilter.common.core.util.httputil.SfHttpClient] IOException:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not generate DH keypair

If you see this message this article should help to solve this: McAfee KnowledgeBase - Could not generate DH keypair (Web Reporter fails to collect logs from Web Ga...

0 Kudos
4 Replies
eelsasser
Level 15

Jump to solution

Have you considered pushing the access log to WR instead? It's much more efficient that way.

The only difference between what the above guide dictates and what I'd recommend is you setup a separate log source on WR using each proxy's hostname. to accept incoming connections and set the password tot he same value for all the log source sources.

And in the access.log Autopush-setting, use %h as the logon name.

So for example, I have 2 proxies called mwg7-1 and mwg7-2.

Create a log source for each one:

And set the access.log setting on MWG to:

On the proxies, %h is substituted for the name of the proxy when the logs are pushed.

0 Kudos
slizka
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks, yes pushing works just fine, already using it, but that's not what I'm trying to do Let's call it curiosity, but I was trying to configure the pulling of logs directly from reporter.

Br. Ales

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Which version of MWG are you using right now? There is an issue for MWG 7.5.2.8 and higher. You can check your server.log and if you see this message:

ERROR [securecomputing.smartfilter.common.core.util.httputil.SfHttpClient] IOException:

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not generate DH keypair

If you see this message this article should help to solve this: McAfee KnowledgeBase - Could not generate DH keypair (Web Reporter fails to collect logs from Web Ga...

0 Kudos
slizka
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks, that was exactly the issue...

Running MWG 7.6.2.5 and can see that error in Web Reporter server.log. Following the KB the log pulling works as it should.

Br. Ales

0 Kudos