cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prajoshgeorge
Level 10

Web Reporter not retrieving logs after update to MWG 7.4

Hi,

Ever since I upgrade the MWG from 7.3.2.3 to 7.4, the web reporter fails to retrieve the log with the below error. I get this message everytime it retrieves the log.

2013-10-09 08:32:08,483 ERROR [securecomputing.smartfilter.logparsing.frontends.webgatewaygetter.WebGatewayGetter] HTTP error 404 returned from Web Gateway 7 '10.x.x.x.:4712'. Detailed reason: user-defined-logs/access.log does not exist

2013-10-09 08:32:08,498 ERROR [securecomputing.smartfilter.logparsing.LogAudit] (WebGatewayGetter) Failed to retrieve list of log files from Web Gateway 7 server '10.x.x.x.:4712'.

Using the Test to test whether it can read a log file works. Says " A log file was successfully read from this source"

There is a folder also "user-defined-logs" in Web Gateway when I checked.

What could be the issue here?

Message was edited by: prajoshgeorge on 10/9/13 8:48:43 AM AST
0 Kudos
4 Replies
sroering
Level 13

Re: Web Reporter not retrieving logs after update to MWG 7.4

Hello George,

We need you to open a support ticket and give us a packet capture of the log collection on port 9111 (non-secure).  Basically a quick test shows that it worked for us. Not sure what may have changed, but support can investigate.

0 Kudos
prajoshgeorge
Level 10

Hi Sroering,

We are using this setting for the log source

conf.png

It is connecting to Web Gateway on port 4712 .

Sorry for asking  but why 9111?

Message was edited by: prajoshgeorge on 10/9/13 5:46:12 PM AST
0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Sorry, I mis-spoke.  I the port is 4711 when connecting to the Web Gateway.

0 Kudos
dmytro_gr
Level 7

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I tried for port 9111 too, but when i check on the web reporter jobs status, it only show "failed - couldn't initilize". but when i try to run the test on the log source, the test is success, with a message " a log file was successfully read from this source".

Please help set up!

0 Kudos