Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcaffrey
Level 10

Web Reporter not connecting to Internal Database

Jump to solution

Hi,

Web Reporter has suddenly stopped connecting to the database, it's a Windows 32bit install of 5.2.0.02 and database is a default internal database, Mode is online but availibility is "Not Connected. Attempting to connect ..."

The "Test" in configuration works ok - Schema version is 21, anybody any ideas where to start looking ?

Thanks,

Dec.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sroering
Level 13

Re: Web Reporter not connecting to Internal Database

Jump to solution

If this is something that has been deployed for a while, prehaps a crashed index.  Look for an error messages relating to the database in .../reporter/log/server_err.log.  If you see something like "Table 'xxxx' is marked as crashed" try repairing it with myisam check.  Otherwise I would need to see the error from the log.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67627

0 Kudos
7 Replies
sroering
Level 13

Jump to solution

If this is something that has been deployed for a while, prehaps a crashed index.  Look for an error messages relating to the database in .../reporter/log/server_err.log.  If you see something like "Table 'xxxx' is marked as crashed" try repairing it with myisam check.  Otherwise I would need to see the error from the log.

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB67627

0 Kudos
dcaffrey
Level 10

Jump to solution

No crashed tables in server.log the first error messages are these

2012-04-10 03:17:17,383 ERROR [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.project.reportdbbuilder.tasks.DatabaseMaintenanceTask] Reporting database is not available.

2012-04-10 03:17:21,460 ERROR [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.project.services.updateDirectory.UpdateDirectoryTask] FAIL_REPORTING_DB_NOT_AVAILABLE

2012-04-10 03:17:44,627 ERROR [securecomputing.smartfilter.reportengine.drilldown.DrilldownReportServer] reporting database is currently not available, state=use trI18n(I18n) - ReportDbStateEnum

2012-04-10 03:17:44,642 ERROR [securecomputing.smartfilter.reportengine.drilldown.output.buildxml.XmlDocBuilder] Aborting

Can't see anything indicationg why it can't connect

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Jump to solution

It is safe to run myisamcheck on all of the MYI files even if they are not crashed.  I can't think of any other reason why the DB test gave you the schema version number, but does not stay connected.

You could also try restarting both the Web Reporter and Internal DB services.  I recommend you stop them, then check the task manager before starting them again.  Web Reporter is the java.exe process owned by the SYSTEM account, the internal database would be mysqld.exe.

0 Kudos
dcaffrey
Level 10

Jump to solution

Server rebooted on 8th April at 3am during database maintenance could this have left the database in a bad state, is there any integrity checking I can do ? can I run the rebuild indexes manually ?

2012-04-08 03:01:19,835 ERROR [securecomputing.smartfilter.server.project.reportdbbuilder.tasks.DatabaseMaintenanceTask] Failed to complete rebuild indexes maintenance

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Jump to solution

Yes, it's very plausable.  Running myisamcheck as previously mentioned is a good place to start.

0 Kudos
dcaffrey
Level 10

Jump to solution

Ran against all tables overnight and Reporter started ok this morning

Many Thanks,

Dec

Would a windows 64bit system give a noticeable performance benefit ?

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Jump to solution

Performance in what regards?  Log parsing? Running reports? Maintenance?

What specific performance issues are you noticing?

0 Kudos