cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jbmartin6
Level 9

Web Reporter and Internet Explorer 11

Microsoft hs decided to drop the "MSIE" from the user-agent header in Internet Explorer 11. This causes Web Reporter to classify the browser as "Other". It looks like an easy fix, just add expression "Mozilla.*\(.*Windows[^\)]*Trident.*rv\Smiley Sad\d+\.\d).*" to the custom columsn configuration under log sources.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sroering
Level 13

Re: Web Reporter and Internet Explorer 11

Thanks for reporting this.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed yet, but I passed along this thread to the development team for review.

Regards

0 Kudos
msiemens
Level 9

I haven't been able to get this to work. I even tried replacing the "\d" character class with "[0-9]" to no avail. We're on WR v5.2.1.02. Do I need to restart the WR service?

Here's the rule set:

WRCustomColumnRule.PNG

0 Kudos
carl!68la4ge
Level 7

I'm having the same issue.  Is there a solution?

0 Kudos
nlder
Level 7

Hello all...

It appears that this issue was originally reported back in January of 2014. Has there been any solution presented to the problem? My searches in the McAfee KB articles have not returned any successful results with respect to this.

Thank yo in advance for any information.

0 Kudos
carl!68la4ge
Level 7

Using the following expression for MSIE 11 works

.*Mozilla.*Trident.*rv\Smiley Sad\d+\.\d).*
Once your expressions are entered, you must perform a Repopulate Columns from Administration>Database>Manual Maintenance.  Only after re-populating  the columns does the browser name and version appear properly in the reports.

That was the trick for me.

Cheers,

Carole

0 Kudos