cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Reporter Email delivery

I'm trying to setup email delivery in the Web Reporter 5.2  using gmail SMTP (smtp.gmail.com) and I keep getting this message when I test out my config.

DEBUG: getProvider() returning javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Sun Microsystems, Inc]

DEBUG SMTP: useEhlo true, useAuth false

DEBUG SMTP: trying to connect to host "smtp.gmail.com", port 25, isSSL false

Could you please help??

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sroering
Level 13

Re: Web Reporter Email delivery

I don't think you will be able to use google since it requires authentication. I'll do a little investigation to verify.

Hi Sorering,thank you for your rpely,
about what you mentioned before,does it applied on yahoo and hotmail as will??

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

I got an authoratative answer for this question and it's not possible to do use an SMTP server that requires authentication.  Yes, that applies to most, if not all, of the free e-mail server providers like google, Yahoo, and Hotmail.

Does your company not have their own SMTP server?  I know there are free SMTP servers available on the internet if you really need it.

Hello Sroering,

Thank you againg for your helpful answer,

actually,yes my company doesn't have it's own SMTP server so please could you provide me with some available free SMTP servers??

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

I cannot personally recommend any mail server since I've only used Microsoft Exchange.  I didn't see any Windows based mail servers for free, but XMailServer and HMailServer for linux systems seemed to be decent.  Another thing you should consider is that you really only need a mail relay service that doesn't require user authentication.  I did a quick google search and I found DNSExit.com.  They offer IP based authentication and 150 e-mails per day at $1.50 per month and 20MB file size limit.

http://www.dnsexit.com/Direct.sv?cmd=mailRelay

I'm sure you could find others.Good luck

0 Kudos