cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter99
Level 7

Web Reporter Custom Report

Hello all.  I am running McAfee Web Reporter v5.2.0.05. Is there a way to run a report that will identify any and all users/IP's that accessed a specific URL within a period of time?  I have run a few reports, but it is not yeilding the information I am looking for.  Thank you in advance for any assistance and suggestions.

Thanks,

Peter

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Hayton
Level 18

Re: Web Reporter Custom Report

This question was posted in the Consumer Interface Help section. I think it properly belongs in the Business section, probably Web Gateway, so moving it there for attention.

0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

you should be able to do a query on the detail file using a filter for site=*.domain.com or URL=http://*.domain.com/path/* if you need to get specific to the URL.

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

As eelsasser said is correct, but to elaborate more, url scanning (especially with wild cards) is extremely espensive and I can think of nothing that would run more slow. Here is some advice to make help the queries run a little faster.

1) Limit the start/end dates of the report as small as possible

2) add a site filter to your report since it can quickly disqualify URLs

3) add any other normal filters that can help reduce the candidate URLs

Also, there is not URL filter, so you need to add your search pattern on the query. Edit the query, go to the "column properties" tab, hightlight the URL, and put your pattern in the "Include ..." box. 

0 Kudos
peter99
Level 7

Thanks again for the feedback on this.

0 Kudos