cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xmich
Level 7

Web Reporter: Bytes measurement abbreviation

Jump to solution

I am unsure what the abbreviation at the end of "bytes" is for the Web Reporter reports. It will have a number, say 400M, or 5.5B, or sometimes nothing at the end. I am just want to confirm what the letters mean. Is "M" million bytes and "B" billion? I would think it would be M and G but I see M and B mostly.

Web reporter version 5.2.0.04 build 1151.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sroering
Level 13

Re: Web Reporter: Bytes measurement abbreviation

Jump to solution

That's not quite correct.

normal bytes will not have a label. eg. 12345 = 12345 bytes

M = megabyte.

B = "Billion" which is typically considered "Gigabytes". eg. 1.23B = 1,230,000,000 bytes

The B has caused some confusion and I believe is going to be revised in a future release. I don't know the exact version (5.2.0.x) that the B was introduced but it was the result of trying to normalize number formatting across the application to achieve consistancy in how numbers were formatted.

bperez wrote:

It seems like:

B= Bytes

M= Megabyte

G=Gigabytes

Regards

Bernardo.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bperez
Level 10

Jump to solution

It seems like:

B= Bytes

M= Megabyte

G=Gigabytes

Regards

Bernardo.

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Jump to solution

That's not quite correct.

normal bytes will not have a label. eg. 12345 = 12345 bytes

M = megabyte.

B = "Billion" which is typically considered "Gigabytes". eg. 1.23B = 1,230,000,000 bytes

The B has caused some confusion and I believe is going to be revised in a future release. I don't know the exact version (5.2.0.x) that the B was introduced but it was the result of trying to normalize number formatting across the application to achieve consistancy in how numbers were formatted.

bperez wrote:

It seems like:

B= Bytes

M= Megabyte

G=Gigabytes

Regards

Bernardo.

0 Kudos