Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prajoshgeorge
Level 10

Web Reporter 5.2.1 - Searching based on user defined column

Jump to solution

Hi,

I recently created a new user defined column (User Defined 1) for logging destination IP. I wanted to search based on the specified destination IP. How can I accomplish this? So far I can view all the IPs for a set time period using reports which is not very useful.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sroering
Level 13

Re: Web Reporter 5.2.1 - Searching based on user defined column

Jump to solution

If you need to filter user-defined columns, then you have to do it under the report query(s) on the last tab.  Select your user-defined column, then for the "include these records", replace the * with your search string or comma separated list.

Keep in mind that filters get translated into SQL code directly. so 192.168.0.1 would look something like.

WHERE user_defined_1 = '192.168.0.1'

and 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2*  would look similar to this

WHERE user_defined_1 in ('192.168.0.1', '192.168.0.2%')

You cannot do IP ranges because there is no logic for specific data types. all user defined coumns are treated like common strings.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sroering
Level 13

Jump to solution

If you need to filter user-defined columns, then you have to do it under the report query(s) on the last tab.  Select your user-defined column, then for the "include these records", replace the * with your search string or comma separated list.

Keep in mind that filters get translated into SQL code directly. so 192.168.0.1 would look something like.

WHERE user_defined_1 = '192.168.0.1'

and 192.168.0.1, 192.168.0.2*  would look similar to this

WHERE user_defined_1 in ('192.168.0.1', '192.168.0.2%')

You cannot do IP ranges because there is no logic for specific data types. all user defined coumns are treated like common strings.

0 Kudos
prajoshgeorge
Level 10

Jump to solution

Thanks. Wouldnt it be possible in the Quick View - Custom to add an extra field for a User Defined column so that we can search from there there rather than create a report? Just a suggestion

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Jump to solution

Sorry,  only possible for advanced reports.

0 Kudos