cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
landreoli
Level 9

Web Gateway error java during import Rule Sets for Bypass Office 365

Hi to all,

despite having followed the indication for imports of rule sets for bypass office 365 and checked the version of rule sets match correctly with the our version of  Web Gateway version 7.4.2.2 (17923)

Following the instrution to Import the Rule Set in documentation McAfee:

1. 1.) Access the McAfee Web Gateway Web Interface (UI)
  2. 2.) Open the “Policy” tab
  3. 3.) Find an appropriate location for the rule set, usually the rule set should be place on top of the rule set
  4. 4.) Select “Add -> Top Level Rule Set -> Import Rule Set from Library”
  5. 5.) Click the “Import from file” button in the lower left corner of the new window
  6. 6.) Select the rule set from the file you have download
  7. 7.) Solve all conflicts by “refer to existing” objects
  8. 8.) Done!

We have many mistakes like a reported image below

After I close all the windows of error java that present (not saved in the configuration) the rule is not at the top of the rule but basically as a last

I did't found any indication for the resolution or how to proceed

Thank you

Luca

0 Kudos
2 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: Web Gateway error java during import Rule Sets for Bypass Office 365

Hi Luca,

It seems there is a problem with the associated lists when importing the rule set. It seems they are not created as expected. I will have a look at the rule set.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
landreoli
Level 9

Re: Web Gateway error java during import Rule Sets for Bypass Office 365

Hi Andre,

I solved by making a hand-import (downloading the rules sets on my PC and then uploading it to the web gateway).

We have not solved our main problem being able to make calls with Skype, before importing the ruls set x 365 office was not possible for several days, now that we have imported the rules set x  Office365 we can call it just feels a very strong background noise, something has improved but we have not solved ... you have suggestions for the resolution?

Best,

Luca

0 Kudos