Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kitanaka
Level 7

Web Gateway as ICAP server : 403 CannotLoadAV

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have got demo license and installed Web Gateway 7.5.2.5.0.

- Did initial setup

- Configuration -> Appliances -> Proxies : Enabled ICAP server

- Verified port 1433 is listening.

- Policy -> Settings -> Engines -> ICAP Client : Set ReqMod for List of ICAP Server.

Then, sending ICAP request from a proxy to the Web Gateway, I see below messages.

Web Gateway respond with 403 CannotLoadAV and so the client RST the connection.

I feel I am missing some configuration on WG and did research on documents but end up asking here.

Not sure if this is related, in Dashboard my WG is getting errors "Unable to connect to or receive from any update server (Origin Updater, ID: 305, n times within last n minutes)".

REQMOD icap://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1344/reqmod ICAP/1.0

Host: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1344

Date: Mon 22 Feb 2016 07:03:23 GMT

Allow: 204

Connection: keep-alive

X-Client-IP: 10.10.160.252

Encapsulated: req-hdr=0, req-body=199

POST / HTTP/1.1

Host: 10.10.160.100

Accept: */*

User-Agent: IE

Content-Length: 1224

Expect: 100-continue

Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=----------------------------e518c939a970

4c8

------------------------------e518c939a970

Content-Disposition: form-data; name="test"; filename="tempfile"

Content-Type: application/octet-stream

................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

------------------------------e518c939a970--

ICAP/1.0 200 OK

ISTag: "00000000-00000000-00000000"

Encapsulated: res-hdr=0, res-body=161

HTTP/1.1 403 CannotLoadAV

Via: 1.1 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (McAfee Web Gateway 7.5.2.5.0.20828)

Content-Type: text/html

Cache-Control: no-cache

Content-Length: 2698

<snip>

Best regards,

Kimi.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Web Gateway as ICAP server : 403 CannotLoadAV

Jump to solution

Hi Kimi,

A MWG needs AV updates in order to use AV. In order to get AV updates make sure the MWG has internet access and is properly licensed.

Based on the error you mentioned it doesnt sound like the MWG is able to connect to our update servers to get updates.

Under Dashboard > Charts and Tables > System Summary there is a table which tells you if you have updated.

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Jump to solution

You wont get help in the Community section so have moved this to Business > Web Gateway.

---

Peter

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Kimi,

A MWG needs AV updates in order to use AV. In order to get AV updates make sure the MWG has internet access and is properly licensed.

Based on the error you mentioned it doesnt sound like the MWG is able to connect to our update servers to get updates.

Under Dashboard > Charts and Tables > System Summary there is a table which tells you if you have updated.

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
kitanaka
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you to both of you.

I seems my problem is my MWG can not connect any update server.

Regards,

Kimi

0 Kudos