cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jspanitz
Level 7

Web Gateway (Webwasher) Next Major Version Release

Jump to solution

Is there some place to go to find out more information on the future of this product?  When Secure Computing was still around, they were constantly in touch with us and we knew where the product was going.  There was a version 7 release on the horizon and we even saw a working demo.  That was over 6 months ago.  Is there any type of release schedule / feature specs?  Thx.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jreese
Level 9

Re: Web Gateway (Webwasher) Next Major Version Release

Jump to solution

It was decided that instead of posting a release for MWG7 in the Community forum, Marketing will handle the release and we would in turn update the Community Post after the official announcement.

For the Licensing keys, you can contact Customer Service for that information.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Greetings John,

Concerning the McAfee Web Gateway 7.0, I would ask that you direct your questions to your sales person who can better answer questions such as these.

~Jon

0 Kudos
jspanitz
Level 7

Jump to solution

So I'm trying to figure out why the posting about the release Web Gateway 7, that was posted a few hours ago by another member, has been removed.  I checked the extranet portal and indeed the software is out there for us to download.

How does one get the license keys, as their is a spot on the extranet page but no way to generate them.

0 Kudos
jreese
Level 9

Jump to solution

It was decided that instead of posting a release for MWG7 in the Community forum, Marketing will handle the release and we would in turn update the Community Post after the official announcement.

For the Licensing keys, you can contact Customer Service for that information.

0 Kudos
easy1ndian
Level 11

Jump to solution

Can I upgrade my Webwasher appliance (bought less than a year) to version 7?

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hello,

the hardware will be capable of running the version, however you want to be careful, as there is no automatic migration of settings and you can't just pull an update. You'll have to download the ISO/USB and reimage the box. I'd suggest to install in a VMWare first (it is supported) and look what has changed, to familiarize with it and learn how it is different than its predecessors. There will also be a migration guide shortly in the extranet: http://extranet.webwasher.com/- it is NOT yet and still being worked on.

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
easy1ndian
Level 11

Jump to solution

Thanks Michael,

From what I read, I'm really excited about this new version which would hopefully solve most of my problems and offer flexibility in configuration.

Looking forward to it.

1ndian

0 Kudos