cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Web Gateway Migration

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

i have an question of how to migrate web gateway from model 5000 C ( version 7.8.2.10 ) to new appliance with model 5000 D ( latest version ).

i need to migrate all configurations, rules and rule sets.

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Web Gateway Migration

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

If you want complete configuration/settings to be restored on new appliance, you can take complete backup from current MWG and restore it in new MWG.

Please refer below link for more information on this:-

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Enterprise-Documents/Web-Gateway-Restoring-a-backup-after-a-Hardware...

Note:- The backup contains the active config that is stored in the /opt/mwg/storage. The windows domain membership can not be restored because the password is not saved. The root password is part of the operating system, not part of the MWG software and is not stored in the storage folder. Any other operating system customization that are not stored in the storage folder are therefore also not restored.

Was my reply helpful? If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Regards

Alok Sarda

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

If you want complete configuration/settings to be restored on new appliance, you can take complete backup from current MWG and restore it in new MWG.

Please refer below link for more information on this:-

https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Enterprise-Documents/Web-Gateway-Restoring-a-backup-after-a-Hardware...

Note:- The backup contains the active config that is stored in the /opt/mwg/storage. The windows domain membership can not be restored because the password is not saved. The root password is part of the operating system, not part of the MWG software and is not stored in the storage folder. Any other operating system customization that are not stored in the storage folder are therefore also not restored.

Was my reply helpful? If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Regards

Alok Sarda

View solution in original post

Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Hello @aloksard

I have a similar situation but I have to migrate old two cluster nodes to a new one which is different HW model. I created a plan to that as following is it correct or I'm missing something , appreciate your answer ?

1.Initialize new appliances
2.Upgrade old appliances to match new appliances version
2.Backup from the old appliance along with its UUID
3.Restore backup to New Proxy 1 and keep cluster option
4.Delete Proxy 2 appliance from the cluster tree
5.Import a cluster CA and its private key to New Proxy 2
6.Re-add Proxy 2 to a Central Management cluster and make sure configuration is synced

Thanks,

Mostafa

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community