cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brockdavis
Level 7

Web Gateway : Domain / URL's categorized properly, but system is requiring IP Address Whitelist

For some reason the McAfee Web Gateway is requiring IP Addresses to be whitelisted, even tho the Domains are whitelisted.

We've checked the url via https://www.trustedsource.org/en/feedback/url and it returns as minimal risk.

Is there some setting that indicates IP Addresses need Whitelisted?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Web Gateway : Domain / URL's categorized properly, but system is requiring IP Address Whitelist

Moved to Business > Web Gateway for better response.

---

Peter

0 Kudos
trevorw2000
Level 10

Re: Web Gateway : Domain / URL's categorized properly, but system is requiring IP Address Whitelist

We'd need a little more information to help identify the problem.

Do you know what rule is causing the block?  If so, can you share that portion of your rules with us?

0 Kudos
brockdavis
Level 7

I am not sure I can, as this is a client of mine.  But I just noticed there are "Rules" that are IP based (not domain based).  I think that is the direction for research.  Can you point me to online documentation about the Rules, and how Web Gateway processes thru the 'cycles'. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
trevorw2000
Level 10

You're right...The IP rules are probably the problem.

There's a great collection of documents here: 

I'd suggest that as a good place to start and then come back here if you have specific questions.

0 Kudos