Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Capriiii
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Web Gateway Authentication problem

Dear All,

I'm new to MWG, and i would like to create a local user database authentication policy to authentication, and prompt out a welcome page after that,  but somehow it didn't work, i open the Rule tracing certal and find out that the time quota has been reach the limit, may i ask is there any method to clean up the cache? Attached screen capture.

Auth Server setting.jpgTime session1.jpgTime session2.jpguser database setting.jpgwelcome page setting1.jpgwelcome page setting2.jpg

2 Replies
asabban
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Web Gateway Authentication problem

Hello,

to answer the question: We don't have a way to wipe the cache. The welcome page information is bound to the username or to the IP address if no username is available, so if you change the username in the local user database and come in with a new user there is no record in the cache and you can start the test from scratch.

I have taken a look at the screenshots and there are various things which do not make sense to me:

- There are rules for "Explicit proxy authentication" and within this rule set an "Authentication server" rule set. Usually you would either pick "Explicit proxy authentication" for explicit proxy setup (proxy setup in the browser). The "Authentication server" rule set is used for transparent environents.

- You mentioned that you want to setup a welcome page. The welcome page rule set from the library uses the "Coaching" feature, to show a welcome page once a day. In the screenshots I can see time quota settings, which is a different feature.

- In the screenshots none of the default rules are present. Your setup won't work well with SSL, larger downloads, archives and will not perform any filtering. Not sure if that is done by intention.

Best,
Andre 

Capriiii
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: Web Gateway Authentication problem

Hi Andre,

Thank you for your reply, This is the testing environment to test the authentication server to cache the login session which is using user database authentication, we will change it to LDAP later.

let me explain what i am aiming, I would like to have an authentication and store the session in a period, lets say 6 hours, after login page then there will be a disclaimer page, and there are two button, if click yes then the session start, if no then back to login page and the session will be dismiss.

I see you mentioned that using "Explicit proxy authentication" instead of "Authentication server", and i tried to import the "Explicit proxy authentication" and seems there are not included authentication server, is that still possible to record the session?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community