Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jasonhilary
Level 7

Web Gateway 7.4 - Process to Update Category Sets

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am new to both this forum and the Web Gateway technology, and hope i can find an answer to my query regarding the process of intercepting a new category set on the Web Gateway.

I am aware that different category sets are used by the Web Gateway. My client is using Web Gateway 7.4 categroy set 4, which i believe is the current set. If category set 5 were to be released for example, what would we have to do to implement it?

I would have thought that this would have been a simple configuration i.e. use this set instead of that set, however i have recently been informed that an upgrade to the Web Gateway 7.x would be required.

Any clarificaiton on this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Web Gateway 7.4 - Process to Update Category Sets

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

Welcome! An upgrade is not required if a category set changes (at least in the past).

When category sets change, it is a manual update, which simply involves clicking a button. I dont have a MWG which requires a category set update, below is a crude rendering of what you can expect:

2015-02-16_101659.png

I'm guessing you may have read

For reference though, in my 8 years categories have changed about 3 times (very infrequent).

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hi Jason,

Welcome! An upgrade is not required if a category set changes (at least in the past).

When category sets change, it is a manual update, which simply involves clicking a button. I dont have a MWG which requires a category set update, below is a crude rendering of what you can expect:

2015-02-16_101659.png

I'm guessing you may have read

For reference though, in my 8 years categories have changed about 3 times (very infrequent).

Best Regards,

Jon

0 Kudos
jasonhilary
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks Jon.

Something of that simplicity is what i would have expected.

Jason

0 Kudos