cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Appliance McAfee Webgateway 7.4.2 upgrade RAM

Jump to solution

Hi is it safe to assign more RAM to a virtual appliance? Right now it's having 4GB RAM assigned, but we would like to add 4GB more, so it will have 8GB.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Virtual Appliance McAfee Webgateway 7.4.2 upgrade RAM

Jump to solution

Hello Renata,

yes that is very safe to do. If you can add even more than 8.

Michael

5 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Hello Renata,

yes that is very safe to do. If you can add even more than 8.

Michael

Jump to solution

Ok thanks! : I see that the memory usage is almost always the same. Is it because memory is being automatically allocated or is this the real usage?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

and would it be safe to add more CPUs? right now we have one socket with one core, I think this is not recommended

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

The memory usage can be the same - if it always 4 GB then obviously that is the max MWG could use . You might want to check swap. If swap is used, then the box has an issue. In addition the system load can be an inidicator.

For the min. requirements the install guide has a chapter on the specs we recommend.

thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

we have also two another mwg appliances, which have 8GB RAM each and their usage is also almost always constantly at 4-5GB, so this was the reason why I thought the appliances are allocating memory..
(I will have some maintenance work on the two appliances and would like to change dns settings during maintenance so the users will use the single appliance, but before I do that I wanted to check the current load and assign the single appliance more resources so it won't get too busy..)

I will assign the 8GB to the single appliance.. and just one last thing: is it supported to assign more CPUs? Right now it has one socket with one core, I would like it to have two sockets with two cores

Thanks very much!

0 Kudos