cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Username does not show in IE

Jump to solution

Does not show user name on template url blocked screen in Internet Explorer browser. Instead of the username, "(BypassAuthentication-UserAgent)" appears.

Block.png

Sorry my bad english.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee tpollok
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Username does not show in IE

Jump to solution

Hi @julianosf,

it seems like you have a Bypass Rule for Authentication. This username has to be defined manually otherwise you would not see any username. So the best to check on this would be to run a rule trace and see where the authentication is bypassed. I guess in the same rule you will find an event that is setting the username you see on the block page.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee tpollok
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @julianosf,

it seems like you have a Bypass Rule for Authentication. This username has to be defined manually otherwise you would not see any username. So the best to check on this would be to run a rule trace and see where the authentication is bypassed. I guess in the same rule you will find an event that is setting the username you see on the block page.

Jump to solution

Within the rule user-agent bypass. I found "Trident" after removing, show username.

Thanks!

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.