Highlighted
stm
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

User Interface not working anymore

Jump to solution

Hello there,

we have a serious problem and I am at a loss.

The user interface on the "master" shows the following error:

Another MWG UI is already attached to this cluster
 Please log on to that one.

Overall Status "STATUS_ERROR":generic error
Node "421112C9-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx" reports STATUS_ERROR_GUI_ATTACH:
could not attach tomcat to node 62586C84-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx because there is already a tomcat attached at node 421112C9-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The User Interface on a non-master Shows this error:
Resource not found: /Konfigurator/request

After a reboot of all WEB-Gateways the error persits.

In the /var/log/mwg-ui/catalina.out I can see this:

SEVERE: The web application [/Konfigurator] appears to have started a TimerThread named [Timer-0] via the java.util.Timer API but has failed to stop it. To prevent a memory leak, the timer (and hence the associated thread) has been forcibly canceled.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Regards, stm

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stm
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: User Interface not working anymore

Jump to solution

Thanks, that solved the "Resource not found: /Konfigurator/request" problem.

To get the GUI working again, we had to restart the host with the corresponding UUID, that was blocking the GUI. So my statment, that the error persists after a reboot was not entirely correct. There were a couple more hosts in our cluster (I did not know of), one of wich was blocking the GUI.

Regards, stm

2 Replies
McAfee Employee aloksard
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

Resource not found: /Konfigurator/request  , This happens when UI is not able to create the tmp dir in /usr/share/mwg-ui/temp which is symlink . This symlink targets to /var/tmp/mwg-ui .

Observations:- 

1. /var/tmp/mwg-ui and /var/tmp need to have the write access so that UI can create a temporary directories for its use

2.I was able to reproduce this issue by restricting permissions on var/tmp/ and var/tmp/mwg-ui folder to dr--r--r-- (Read Only).

3.Later by allowing write permissions on /var/tmp/ and /var/tmp/mwg-ui . I was able to access the UI again

Request you to check below  once and see if that helps:-

1. Please check the permissions on /var/tmp/mwg-ui directory and also on /var/tmp.

2. If it is read only . Please allow the write permssions and try to access the UI

Regards

Alok Sarda

stm
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks, that solved the "Resource not found: /Konfigurator/request" problem.

To get the GUI working again, we had to restart the host with the corresponding UUID, that was blocking the GUI. So my statment, that the error persists after a reboot was not entirely correct. There were a couple more hosts in our cluster (I did not know of), one of wich was blocking the GUI.

Regards, stm

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.