Highlighted
stm
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

User Interface not working anymore

Jump to solution

Hello there,

we have a serious problem and I am at a loss.

The user interface on the "master" shows the following error:

Another MWG UI is already attached to this cluster
 Please log on to that one.

Overall Status "STATUS_ERROR":generic error
Node "421112C9-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx" reports STATUS_ERROR_GUI_ATTACH:
could not attach tomcat to node 62586C84-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx because there is already a tomcat attached at node 421112C9-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The User Interface on a non-master Shows this error:
Resource not found: /Konfigurator/request

After a reboot of all WEB-Gateways the error persits.

In the /var/log/mwg-ui/catalina.out I can see this:

SEVERE: The web application [/Konfigurator] appears to have started a TimerThread named [Timer-0] via the java.util.Timer API but has failed to stop it. To prevent a memory leak, the timer (and hence the associated thread) has been forcibly canceled.

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Regards, stm

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stm
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: User Interface not working anymore

Jump to solution

Thanks, that solved the "Resource not found: /Konfigurator/request" problem.

To get the GUI working again, we had to restart the host with the corresponding UUID, that was blocking the GUI. So my statment, that the error persists after a reboot was not entirely correct. There were a couple more hosts in our cluster (I did not know of), one of wich was blocking the GUI.

Regards, stm

2 Replies
McAfee Employee aloksard
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

Resource not found: /Konfigurator/request  , This happens when UI is not able to create the tmp dir in /usr/share/mwg-ui/temp which is symlink . This symlink targets to /var/tmp/mwg-ui .

Observations:- 

1. /var/tmp/mwg-ui and /var/tmp need to have the write access so that UI can create a temporary directories for its use

2.I was able to reproduce this issue by restricting permissions on var/tmp/ and var/tmp/mwg-ui folder to dr--r--r-- (Read Only).

3.Later by allowing write permissions on /var/tmp/ and /var/tmp/mwg-ui . I was able to access the UI again

Request you to check below  once and see if that helps:-

1. Please check the permissions on /var/tmp/mwg-ui directory and also on /var/tmp.

2. If it is read only . Please allow the write permssions and try to access the UI

Regards

Alok Sarda

stm
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thanks, that solved the "Resource not found: /Konfigurator/request" problem.

To get the GUI working again, we had to restart the host with the corresponding UUID, that was blocking the GUI. So my statment, that the error persists after a reboot was not entirely correct. There were a couple more hosts in our cluster (I did not know of), one of wich was blocking the GUI.

Regards, stm

MPower Badge Now Available
Customers attending MPower can earn a community badge. Check into the MPower forum and say hi to have the badge awarded to your community profile.