cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Agent based on OS

Anyone guide me on something I'm trying to accomplish. Basically I want to enable NTLM to a location but only have it apply toworkstation not servers.    So would be easier to check user agentWindows XP and Windows 7 /8  ?? 

Anyone have a sample XML I can use as a template. 

// Match user agent string with operating systems
Windows 2000 => (Windows NT 5.0)|(Windows 2000),
Windows XP => (Windows NT 5.1)|(Windows XP),
Windows Server 2003 => (Windows NT 5.2),
Windows Vista => (Windows NT 6.0),
Windows 7 => (Windows NT 6.1),
Windows 8 => (Windows NT 6.2),
Windows NT 4.0 => (Windows NT 4.0)|(WinNT4.0)|(WinNT)|(Windows NT),
Windows ME => Windows ME,
Open BSD => OpenBSD,
Sun OS => SunOS,
Linux => (Linux)|(X11),
Mac OS => (Mac_PowerPC)|(Macintosh),
QNX => QNX,
BeOS => BeOS,
OS/2 => OS/2,
Search Bot=>(nuhk)|(Googlebot)|(Yammybot)|(Openbot)|(Slurp)|(MSNBot)|(AskJeeves/Teoma)|(ia_archiver)

2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: User Agent based on OS

It would be easy to check the User-Agent value, but maybe not relliable.  I use it for excluding specific applications that advertise what they are (like Lync or MS updates).  Many people have servers in a separate secion of their network, so that would be a more reliable way of checking.

I don't have a good list of user agents to give you, or a rule XML, but here is how I have mine set up:

ua_auth.png

This is in the top level rule set.  The actual authentication happens in a sub rule set.

Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Re: User Agent based on OS

Did you look at this site:

http://www.user-agents.org/index.shtml

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community