cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j-servers
Level 7

Upstream Proxy??

Hi,

I have just installed the web gateway, as was wondering how you setup the upstream proxy?

Our main network has already got the web gateway running as the full gateway for the entire network, but we are setting up an internal network and we are going to run another webgateway within our main network.

Our Main network requires you to authentcate with a username and password ( Via AD Server), we already have a account set to use for this gateway.

So my question is: Were do you find the upstream proxy settings and set them?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Upstream Proxy??

Yo j-serv!

You configure the NHP (next hop proxy) with an event.

So you create a rule apply it always, then configure the NHP.

See below:

nhp_2012-04-24_181516.png

Let me know if this helps,

Jon

0 Kudos
j-servers
Level 7

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the post, will this force all users to go though this upstream proxy?

Thanks!

Josh

Message was edited by: j-servers on 4/26/12 6:50:53 AM CDT
0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

That's the idea! But obviously you can change the criteria of the rule to limit the scope.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
fschulte
Level 10

Hi!

You may want to configure proxies in other places depending on your needs: E.g.

1. for pushing log files ("Configuration" -> "Appliances" Tab -> "Log File Manager"; then in section "Auto Pushing" -> "Next Hop Proxies") or
  2. for doing GTI cloud lookups of the URL Filter ("Policy" -> "Settings" Tab -> "URL Filter"; then in the advanced section under "Proxy Settings"

Ciao

Felix

0 Kudos
j-servers
Level 7

Hi,

After doing some digging around, our upstream proxy uses NLTM Authenication for users, Will this still work?

Thanks!

0 Kudos