cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wajeeh_r
Level 9

Upgrade Web Gateway Appliance to 7.5.2.5

Dear All,

We are currently on main release 7.4.2.9 and willing to go main release 7.5.2.5, I can do this from GUI of appliance? or it will go to controlled release if I perform upgrade from GUI. Recently I had a problem updating one of my appliance gateway working on 7.4.2.9 and I performed upgrade to 7.5.2.5 using command prompt. The upgrade completed but after reboot no display by appliance so I re-imaged appliance

Now for second appliance Support Engineer advised me to perform upgrade using GUI but I want to to go same 7.5.2.5 is this possible?

regards,

Wajeeh

0 Kudos
3 Replies
exbrit
Level 21

Re: Upgrade Web Gateway Appliance to 7.5.2.5

Moved to MWG for better response.

---

Peter

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Wajeeh,

You can upgrade however you like or to whatever you like. This is all outlined in the best practice:

If you want to ensure you go to 7.5.2.5, type:

mwg-switch-repo --sticky 7.5.2.5

Then do the upgrade from the CLI (yum upgrade) or GUI.

Best Regards,
Jon

0 Kudos
wajeeh_r
Level 9

Hello Jon,

I have two appliances, one of those also previously on 7.4.2.9 , I used CLI to upgrade and used 'mwg-switch-repo --sticky 7.5.2.5', upgrade went successful but later on reboot no display on device. I raised service request number is '4-13313593921' and the engineer who attended me advised me to prefer using GUI to perform upgrade. My concern for second appliance which now I am planning to do is that GUI will take me to 7.5.2.5 or it will take me to controlled release, in GUI method how can I specify I want to have 7.5.2.5

I want to clarify this before I attempt upgrade on second appliance.

regards,

0 Kudos