Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Upgrade Web Gateway 8 to 9

Jump to solution

We are looking to upgrade Web Gateway 8.2.7 to Web Gateway 9.1.3 as we are looking to evaluate some McAfee Mobile Cloud Security functionality in the near future

Are there any 'gotchas' to be aware of or is it a pretty simple upgrade coming from v8?  Also can we jump straight to 9.1 or does it have to be 8.2.7 > 9.0 > 9.1?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Upgrade Web Gateway 8 to 9

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

It is an simple upgrade process. You should be directly able to upgrade from version 8.2.7 to version 9.1.3

On of the thing in 9.1 version is below:-

Transparent Bridge mode removed

Web Gateway can presently not be run as a proxy in Transparent Bridge mode. This restriction is due to a change in the product architecture.

I suggest to also go through release notes to know more about this version.

Was my reply helpful? If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Regards
Alok Sarda

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi,

Hope you are doing well.

It is an simple upgrade process. You should be directly able to upgrade from version 8.2.7 to version 9.1.3

On of the thing in 9.1 version is below:-

Transparent Bridge mode removed

Web Gateway can presently not be run as a proxy in Transparent Bridge mode. This restriction is due to a change in the product architecture.

I suggest to also go through release notes to know more about this version.

Was my reply helpful? If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Regards
Alok Sarda

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 10
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

Thank you, the upgrade went very smoothly in fact I think I was done and dusted on both our virtual appliances within a 15 minute window 🙂

So now we have v9 up and running is there an idiots guide on how to get a mobile device talking with MWG? (We have SaaS in place syncing our on premise policy to the cloud so that is fine), just need a bit of guidance in SSL certificates etc.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community