cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regis
Level 12

Unable to connect to salesforce.com. Client found response content type of 'text/xml;charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.

Has anyone had to deal with Salesforce.com behind a MWG 7.2 deployed explicitly?  It appears MWG is adding charset to the content type and the Salesforce client is throwing a minor hissy fit about it.

Salesforce distributes an Outlook plugin.  Upon its installation, I'm fielding reports of it throwing an error for people now behind this new MWG box:

Popup window title: Salesforce for Outlook Settings  (i.e. this isn't a web browser popup--it's from Salesforce's plugin)

Error text in popup window: 

"Unable to connect to salesforce.com. Client found response content type of 'text/xml;charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'. The request failed with an empty response." [OK] 

Message was edited by: Regis on 7/24/12 9:40:51 AM CDT
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Regis
Level 12

Re: Unable to connect to salesforce.com. Client found response content type of 'text/xml;charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.

Other issues on salesforce.com appear to be that reports are prone to generating a TCP timeout error from the web gateway (so I"ll apparently need to tweak whatever the default tcp timeout it to get it working).  

0 Kudos
Regis
Level 12

Re: Unable to connect to salesforce.com. Client found response content type of 'text/xml;charset=utf-8', but expected 'text/xml'.

I believe I've narrowed down the Outlook plugin installer problem to Try-auth somehow.     Bypass AV didn't work, bypassing additionally SSL inspection brought no joy, bypassing composite opener and friends failed to help, so assumably, something in the try auth rule is causing the issue since dropping this site into the global whitelst made the pain go away. 

Anyone else have salesforce in their environment?  Curious to know why you might not have an issue.  At this particular client, strong egress filtering exists so they only way out is through this explicit proxy.   

0 Kudos