cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wajeeh_r
Level 9

Unable to connect to HP virtual rooms

Dear Experts,

I need assistance to troubleshoot this problem, we usually have requirements for HP virtual rooms for support purposes, but I am facing problem for computers working behind gateway, they are unable to connect to HP virtual rooms, when attempting to connect a dialog box appears on screen saying ' trying to connect' and it stays like this. What is required to configure for this on gateway appliance ?

Waiting for expert opinions for this, please it is a quick requirement as we have many cases open with HP and almost daily exchanging information with them.

thanks,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Unable to connect to HP virtual rooms

I've never heard of this before.

If it's urgent, I'd recommend opening a support case with a MWG capture (-s0 -i any) and a client capture (wireshark) if possible.

This looks like an equivalent to webex or citrix web meetings.

Have you attempted to allow the site based on name, or stop cycle for a client IP (to see if it will work at all)?

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
wajeeh_r
Level 9

I tested for webex , it is working, but for virtual rooms it continue to say 'connecting' but room never appears on screen. I have sent the wireshark packet capture and feed back in reply to you email for service request.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Wajeeh,

I replied to you directly through the SR.

For everybody potentially watching, this looks to be a client side issue. DNS is failing for the application, so it times out.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

For reference we found that the DNS failing on the client made no difference. HP gave Wajeeh a list of their servers that is used, attached is a ruleset that uses those servers to allow HP Virtual Rooms.

It can be used as needed.

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos