cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imtrying
Level 10

Unable to admin MWG(or connect to local resources) unless IP is placed in IE exceptions list

Jump to solution

I am unable to admin the MWG over http:  unless there is an exception in Internet Explorer .  I suspect that this is the case for all local resources.  Is there a way to allow MWG not try to proxy local resources?

Here is the connection error:

Cannot Connect 
The proxy could not connect to the destination in time. 
URL: http://xx.xx.xx.xx:4711/Konfigurator/request
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Company Acceptable Use Policy 
This is an optional acceptable use disclaimer that appears on every page. You may change the wording or remove this section entirely in index.html. 
For assistance, please contact your system administrator. 
generated 2011-10-20 08:00:33 by McAfee Web Gateway

Rule: Gateway Anti-Malware /Block If Virus was Found

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Unable to admin MWG(or connect to local resources) unless IP is placed in IE exceptions list

Jump to solution

That is expected behavior. You dont want to "Proxy the Proxy (UI)". So an IE exception would be necessary.

This is expected because the client will make the request through port 9090 (the proxy), so the Web Gateway will do what it does and attempt to proxy it, but then it will fail.

~Jon

0 Kudos
2 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Unable to admin MWG(or connect to local resources) unless IP is placed in IE exceptions list

Jump to solution

That is expected behavior. You dont want to "Proxy the Proxy (UI)". So an IE exception would be necessary.

This is expected because the client will make the request through port 9090 (the proxy), so the Web Gateway will do what it does and attempt to proxy it, but then it will fail.

~Jon

0 Kudos
imtrying
Level 10

Jump to solution

Thanks Jon.  This is the way that I suspected the MWG to work.  My question is there a way for MWG to route those requests back to the gateway?

0 Kudos