cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infosecjeff
Level 7

Two ISPs and Two Firewalls in same physical location - looking for best proxy configuration

Jump to solution

If a client has two ISP connections to two firewalls, in the same physical location (data center), what is the best proxy configuration to ensure the Web Gateway can serve requests through either firewall and ISP?

Today only 1 physical ethernet connection is being used, and no proxy.pac has been created.

Should we use two physical connections and add static routes to get to either firewall?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
metalhead
Level 12

Re: Two ISPs and Two Firewalls in same physical location - looking for best proxy configuration

Jump to solution

If physically possible I would cluster the Web Gateways with a virtual IP address and use a dedicated interface as heartbeat interface.

So they can work as a HA solution.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
metalhead
Level 12

Re: Two ISPs and Two Firewalls in same physical location - looking for best proxy configuration

Jump to solution

Are the firewalls arranged as a HA and failover cluster ?

Or is only one firewall getting the whole traffic ?

0 Kudos
infosecjeff
Level 7

Jump to solution

That's a good question and I should have received that information.  If clustered in HA with a virtual IP then they are all set in proxy mode.

0 Kudos
metalhead
Level 12

Jump to solution

If physically possible I would cluster the Web Gateways with a virtual IP address and use a dedicated interface as heartbeat interface.

So they can work as a HA solution.

0 Kudos