cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gurcanozturk
Level 7

Timeout error when trying some sites

Hello,

We are using MWG 7.2.0.2.0 (13603) and we have problems about connecting some web sites. In example when trying to connect http://www.arkasotomotiv.com.tr MWG troubleshooting it says;

13:50:08.988: Connect: Would block (EPOLLOUT, EPOLLONESHOT, EPOLLERR) 194.0.130.51:80

13:50:30.002: Connection isn't ok

13:50:30.002: Connection is already dead

13:50:30.003: PostConnect: err: 107

13:50:30.003: Releasing and closing FD (0)

13:50:30.003: Connect: cz (EPOLLOUT, EPOLLONESHOT, EPOLLERR) 194.0.130.51:80

Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: Timeout error when trying some sites

Hello,

this kind or debug information is only helpful if the whole context is known. Without a description of what happens it does not help.

Can you please provide a brief error description and explain what exactly happens when you try to open that URL?

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
gurcanozturk
Level 7

Hello,

When trying to connect that URL (http://www.arkasotomotiv.com.tr), after 120 seconds (i assume that its default timeout settings for MWG), MWG throw a timeout error page.

"Cannot connect : The proxy could not connect the destination in time."

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

yes, 120 seconds is one of the timeouts that can be configured in MWG. It seems like MWG is not getting a response from the server. Do you have a chance to access the web site without MWG but using the same firewalls etc.? Is the site working in this case?

If there is no chance you can create an HTTP Tunnel Event on MWG to prevent MWG from touching the traffic at all. If it still fails this could be a network issue. If MWG is unable to retrieve data from the remote host it will fail with the error message mentioned.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
gurcanozturk
Level 7

I have already tested that condition. I have tried without MWG (second proxy is Squid 2.6.x) it worked. Also i have tried over VPN through AWS Europe (Ireland DC) without any proxy, it worked too.

How can i create an HTTP Tunnel for specific URL/Hostname list?

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

okay. You can try adding a rule which looks like this:

URL.Host equals www.arkasotomotiv.com.tr Then Continue and trigger the Event "Enable HTTP Tunnel" (or similar).

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
gurcanozturk
Level 7

Hello Andre,

No luck with your rule suggestion. Still timeout.

Screen Shot 2013-02-20 at 4.09.32 PM.png

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hello,

in this case I recommend to file an SR with support and provide some packet captures. They will be able to look into the network communication and probably tell what exactly happens.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos