cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yzpilot
Level 7

The proxy could not connect to the destination in time

Using Web Gateway 7.1.6.1.0 we regularly get pages blocked with the error "The proxy could not connect to the destination in time"

I've doubled the Initial Connection Timeout time in the configuration and have seen no change.

Anyone have any idea what's wrong and what I can do?

Thanks, Alex

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fschulte
Level 10

Re: The proxy could not connect to the destination in time

Hi Alex!

Does this happen for every URL or for just a few? Which timeout value are you using right now? What's the exact name of the timeout setting you are using?

You could do a tcpdump on the MWG box that shows the connection to the webserver which times out.

Edit: You might also want to look here: https://community.mcafee.com/message/234571#234571

Ciao

Felix

Message was edited by: fschulte on 4/3/12 6:17:25 AM CDT
0 Kudos
yzpilot
Level 7

Just one URL.  www.google.com

The timeout value I've adjusted is "Initial connection timeout"  It's currently set at 20 seconds.  It would appear to have had absolutely no effect.

0 Kudos
dstraube
Level 11

Hello Alex,

the Initial connection timeout specifies the time that the Client has to send a request after the connection to the proxy. That's not relevant for this case here, as it's the server connection that runs into a timeout.

The value you need is the normal Connection Timeout, which is set per default to 120 seconds. That's already a lot and I don't believe that the Google webserver doesn't answer in this timeframe.

To examine this further we would probably need the connection traces, to see what exactly is going on.

Regards,

Dirk

0 Kudos