cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adriano2012
Level 7

The proxy could not connect to the destination in time.

Jump to solution

Sorry people, but please your help.

In may network i have the Isa Server 2004 this my board proxy, we are trying to operate the Web Gateway 7.1.6.1.0 (12742),

I created a rule in isa releasing all that comes from the web gateway to internet, but when I set my browser pointing to the ip of web gateway, and digit any page

appears below the message:

"The proxy could not connect to the destination in time"

Anyone has seen this problem?

Thank´s a lot

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: The proxy could not connect to the destination in time.

Jump to solution

Hello,

that usually means that MWG is not able to talk to the website on the remote end. Can you verify that MWG is allowed to talk to the destination?

For example you could connect to MWG via SSH, login as root and run

wget http://www.google.com

There should be some output telling you that MWG was able to connect and successfully downloaded something. Otherwise outgoing connections may not work as expected, maybe a next-hop proxy needs to be defined or something else is blocking MWG on its way out.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
5 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hello,

that usually means that MWG is not able to talk to the website on the remote end. Can you verify that MWG is allowed to talk to the destination?

For example you could connect to MWG via SSH, login as root and run

wget http://www.google.com

There should be some output telling you that MWG was able to connect and successfully downloaded something. Otherwise outgoing connections may not work as expected, maybe a next-hop proxy needs to be defined or something else is blocking MWG on its way out.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
adriano2012
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you, Andre

Are you from Brazil? Please, you recommends some solution provider or partner Mcafee in São Paulo.

Best regards

Adriano

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

Hi Adriano,

I am located in germany :-)

To get some assistance in brazil, I would recommend to get in touch with some local resources. There is a McAfee location which you may contact

Brazil / Brasil

Av. Nações Unidas, 8.501 – 16º andar
Pinheiros – São Paulo – SP
CEP 05425-070
Brasil
Tel: +(11) 3711-8200
Fax: +(11) 3711-8286

I don´t think they will be able to provide technical assistance, but they should have some insight who you should talk to.

Additionally you can go to

http://www.mcafee.com/de/purchase.aspx

In the middle tab you can choose "LTAM" and "Brazil" and click search. It will return you a couple of resellers/partners in your region.

I hope this helps.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
adriano2012
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thank you Andre, you have helped a lot.

Have a great day.

Best Regards

Adriano

0 Kudos
Regis
Level 12

Jump to solution

I've actually seen this could not connect to the detination in time error ... ironically mostly with links to kc.mcafee.com. 

I'm curious if anyone else has seen performance issues with kc.mcafee.com. 

In my experience with encountering this issue,  all other sites would be fine, and just that one would throw this error.

on 4/2/12 10:07:42 AM CDT
0 Kudos