cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronizing settings and list between two MWG appliances ?

Jump to solution

People,

I am running two different types of MWG version 7.4.2.4.0 (18437) as VMware Virtual Machine appliance and one as a physical appliance in two different Data Center.

Every time I make changes in one appliance, I have to manually replicate the changes in the other one.

So my question is, is there any way to configure it as linked mode or to enable the change replication from one appliance to another one ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Synchronizing settings and list between two MWG appliances ?

Jump to solution

Mekafir -- you can configure CM on the fly, so there is no downtime and it will not affect existing user traffic in any way. Replication goes both ways - refer to DOC-4823 for the details --

5 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Mekafir -

You can configure your Webgateways to be in central management so your policies will be synchronized between them, eliminating the need to manually replicate changes. The following doc describes how to set up central management: (note = the Webgateways must be running the same version; one MWG appliance with one MWG in vmWare is fine)

https://community.mcafee.com/docs/DOC-4823

Jump to solution

Thanks Mr. Wallace.

yes, my both appliances are on the same version but in different types. Do I need to plan for outage to configure this linked mode ?

Does the replication goes both ways or just one way Active-Passive or Active-Active ?

Jump to solution

Mekafir -- you can configure CM on the fly, so there is no downtime and it will not affect existing user traffic in any way. Replication goes both ways - refer to DOC-4823 for the details --

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Mr. Wallace,

many thanks for the quick reply.

Reliable Contributor asabban
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

You may want to notice that once you set up central management all policies, lists and setting containers are synchronized. It sounds like this is what you want but if there are any intentional changes you have configured they might be gone after you set up central management.

Best,

Andre