cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Symantec proxy envirnment migration to McAfee MWG

Hello all, I would like to check with you what would be the best approach for migration of our old environment to McAfee. We are running 4 proxy servers in two separate DCs. We run both Transparent and Direct proxy on them at the same time. We have multiple internal VLANs configured and hence we have multiple VIPS for each VLAN we have DIRECT VIP, Transaprent VIP and PAC file VIP. Transparent environment is used for proxy unaware application and servers and nonstandard TCP ports. Hence we have quite some ammount of listeners created but many of them are created as a range. Another thing is we had separate policy for direct and transaprent. This was done through layer guards where we specified if traffic came on DIRECT VIP direct policy was applied if not Transparent policy was applied I need to rework this to Mcafee WebGateways as seamlesly as possible. I am was working with McAfee before but only Direct proxy and it wasn't so complex. Hence I would like to get some opinions on what would be the best approach. I would really appreciate anybodys opinion with MWG experience on this. I am at point where basic stuff is configured and I just created VIPS in VRRP. WG mode is Transparenet router and it seems that proxy responds to both direct and transparent setup on client. I strugle on following things though: 1.) On old environment we had multiple VIPs where we had different masters and backups for those VIPs.On McAfee I see only global parameter for priority? Is it possible to change this per VIP? 2.) On old we had many listeners for transparent. On Mcafee I do not see range options for listener nor for port redirects in transparent router setup. Do I need to create hunderends listeners - one for each port? 3.) Don't see property name in policy to specify listner, what would be the correct property to differentiate between transparent and direct traffic to create separate policies? Thank you,
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community