cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blason
Level 7

Stuck in sizing and dont have sizing calculator readily available :(

Hi Guys,

I know this might have asked couple of times in the forum and I referred to every discussion regarding the McAfee web gateway sizing but in vain. I am still not sure how do I calcualte the appliance sizing for my two scenarios where I am not sure neither customer is able to tell me the http request/sec

I have 300 users and 1500 users scenarios and would like to know what appliance I should propose to the customer?

Can some one please help me here?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Troja
Level 14

Re: Stuck in sizing and dont have sizing calculator readily available :(

Hi,

first of all, in the McAfee Partner Portal you can find the actual sizing guide. This helps, if the requests/sec are not known by the customer.

Perhaps this two documents are helpful for you.

Cheers

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

4500 - C. If customer wants redundant PSUs: 5000.

Include redundancy, at least N+1.

For more than a gut feeling, can you give us some indication of volume for HTTP and HTTPS (not the size of your internet connection), requests per second, etc.?

Or you can  check the partner portal (if you are a partner), ask your reseller (who will have access to the sizing info), or McAfee SEs.

Michael

0 Kudos
blason
Level 7

Well yes we are partner for mcafee and is that such tool available on partner portal? Would you please guide me or provide me the location?

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

I can't give you the precise location in the portal (due to no missing access), but assume that there is a search. Search for: "mcafee web gateway sizing". That should result in "Sizing Guide for forward proxy scenarios".

Michael

0 Kudos