cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DnrTech
Level 9

Some sites slow in transparent bridge

Jump to solution

We are using MWG7 and after putting it in transparent bridge mode, we noticed that there were a few sites that loaded extremely slow (upwards of 3 minutes sometimes). I have found a work around but it doesn't explain what is going on. If we set the browser to use the gateway as a proxy server, the sites load perfectly fine. It is only if the browser is unaware of the filter that we see the latency in some sites. Any ideas as to why this would be happening?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
eelsasser
Level 15

Re: Some sites slow in transparent bridge

Jump to solution

My first inclination was that it might have something to do with progress pages for some of the content on those sites. When I turn off progress pages, things improve. But that didn't make any sense, so I took a capture of packets at my firewall and found that there were a lot of retries for the responses.

When I turn off IP spoofing, I get much better results. Try that.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
eelsasser
Level 15

Jump to solution

My first inclination was that it might have something to do with progress pages for some of the content on those sites. When I turn off progress pages, things improve. But that didn't make any sense, so I took a capture of packets at my firewall and found that there were a lot of retries for the responses.

When I turn off IP spoofing, I get much better results. Try that.

0 Kudos
DnrTech
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks Erik. That solved it.

0 Kudos