cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
santosh_sp
Level 7

Slow internet browsing using MCP client

We have configured MWG 7 for Internal and External ( Mobile) users for Content Filtering, performance of system is ok when user browing internet while in LAN however when he connects using MCP client while roamming internet browsing is very slow - i.e almost it takes 30-40 sec to open any website.

I read in one of article posted in 2011 this is known issue in MWG and fix to this is to have dedicated DNS server. Can someone suggest if there is any fix available by now.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
McAfee Employee

Re: Slow internet browsing using MCP client

I would suggest opening a case and including a tcpdump as well.

I am not aware of any "known" issues related to DNS servers off hand.

Best,
Jon

0 Kudos
santosh_sp
Level 7

Jon,

it is already open and required dump is provided you can verify -  SR # <3-2513180649>    and let me know if you can help me out on this. i am keen to understand root cause of this issue.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Hi Santosh,

I'm sure you may be aware, but I took a look at the case, and performed a remote session with your colleague.

I found that there was a group lookup rule (using LDAP), this LDAP lookup was failing and causing a 6-8 second delay on average. We corrected the settings, this reduced some of the delay, still looking into some of the other delay (may be client side MCP or connection).

I also made it so MCP authentication only applied in the request cycle (there is no need to have it applied in the response cycle).

Best,

Jon

0 Kudos