cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike18
Level 7

Should i enable Conditional Forwarding ?

Jump to solution

Hi Everyone,

Curtrently we have MWG configured with 3 External DNS servers provided by our ISP.

Need to know should i enable Conditional Forwarding" ?

IF i enable this what benefit it will provide us?

Regards

Mike

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: Should i enable Conditional Forwarding ?

Jump to solution

There is no benefit if you enable conditional DNS. It is required in your environment or not. If it is not required and DNS resolution with the 3 ISP DNS works great - don't touch it.

It is used to use different name servers for specific domains, e.g. if you need internal name servers for internal name resolution and your ISPs name servers for external resolution. Since it adds more complexity to the environment only enable it if it is really required for operation.

Best,

Andre

2 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

There is no benefit if you enable conditional DNS. It is required in your environment or not. If it is not required and DNS resolution with the 3 ISP DNS works great - don't touch it.

It is used to use different name servers for specific domains, e.g. if you need internal name servers for internal name resolution and your ISPs name servers for external resolution. Since it adds more complexity to the environment only enable it if it is really required for operation.

Best,

Andre

mike18
Level 7

Jump to solution

Many thanks Andre.

0 Kudos