cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mboumaiza
Level 7

Setup MWG as icap server

Hi,

I'd like to configure mwg as only an icap server, which can be connected to other equipement.

What I did as a configuration is the one in attached file, with only one rule set: icap server.

Myother configuration, in the appliance is:

Proxies (https, ftp, icap, an IM)

-> proxy (optional WCCP) activated

-> HTTP and FTP proxy are disabled

-> ICAP server is enabled

Is my configuration OK, or I miss some thing. For the way I cant' connect to other machine to make a full chain test but I made a telnet and I had the following output:

[xxxxxxx]# telnet localhost 1344

Trying 127.0.0.1...

Connected to localhost.

Escape character is '^]'.

OPTIONS icap://127.0.0.1:1344/reqmodICAP/1.0

ICAP/1.0 200 OK

Methods: REQMOD, RESPMOD

Options-TTL: 3600

Encapsulated: null-body=0

Max-Connections: 100

Preview: 30

Service: McAfee Web Gateway 7.3.2 build17286

ISTag:"00003028-1.162.22-00007501"

Allow: 204

Connection closed by foreign host.

[xxxxxx]#

I use MWG 7.3.2.8

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: Setup MWG as icap server

Hello,

it looks pretty much OK I think, as long as the rules play well together. I actually would have set up it in a different way, but since I am not sure what you are setting up it might be fine.

Generally there is not much different whether you are running an Explicit proxy or ICAP serverin regards to rules, so there is no need to create a special "ICAP" rule. I would create a blank "top level" rule set which has "Connection.Protocol = ICAP" and import the default rule sets from the rule set library below this top level rule set.

The request you made looks OK. You should be able to test it :-)

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
mboumaiza
Level 7

Thank you, I'll post comments when tests will be made.

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

I've had to setup MWG with ICAP pretty recently and was looking to verify functionality. After some research, I found something called c-icap-client utility for Linux. Here's a basic syntax on how you can push a file from your Linux box to MWG.

c-icap-client -i 1.2.3.4 -p 1344 -s reqmod -f /file/path/eicar_com.zip -req http://b.ahfa.tld/kdafjlakf -d 10

There are two ways you can view them. After issuing the above command, you will see output in the terminal window. If you want, you can extract and save output as HTML file and open in a browser. The other way you can view logs is

by going MWG console > Troubleshooting tab > Log Files > user-defined-logs > foundViruses.log

0 Kudos