cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Up Email Charset from WebGateway

Hi.

I need your help with the automatic generated E-Mails.

I use the Site Review Request from the Online Library.

The RuleSet is working fine, but the automatic Emails make problems with the german special letters ö ä ü ß

I have no charset in the E-Mails. I see this if i use the source code of the email.

There is no line like this one:

Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

I don't found anything for the charset in emails. I can't change the header from an E-Mail.

Perhaps you have an idea?

I use the WebGateway 7.1.6.1

0 Kudos
6 Replies

Re: Set Up Email Charset from WebGateway

No Idea or solution for this problem?

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hi Florian,

I don´t think that eMail headers can be added/changes as of now. I just did a quick test and for me Umlauts were working OK, but it seems that the appropriate headers were automatically added by the next-hop SMTP server, which is an exchange server in my case.

Maybe there is an option on your SMTP server to also do this, which could be a short-term solution to have the eMails displayed as you need them. Since MWG is not a fully featured MTA it only offered very simple mail transfer at the moment, which should be suitable for many cases.

You may wish to file a Feature Request. The details can be found at

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60021

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos

Our smtp server has an option to fill automatic a character set if no is given. I check this next week. Thanks for the idea.

0 Kudos

Sorry for late answer.

I have no chance to set a automatic character set.

I fill out a feature request and give it with an Engineer in the Engineering Team.

I hope that we can modify the mail header in the future.

At this moment it is ok, but better if we can change or modify this.

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Hi Florian,

thank you for the feedback.

Another option would probably be to pick a random linux box or VM and install an MTA which will only be used to accept and forward the mails generated by MWG. It may also be possible to setup a local MTA on the appliance itself (but not recommended).

If you  can live with the restriction for the moment we may want to wait for the feature request. If you would like to setup a seperate MTA let me know if assistance is required.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos

Thanks Andre.

We have only some letters, that are not correct in the description field.

I will wait for the feature request.

0 Kudos