Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxgb
Level 7

Sessions on Web Gateway (web interface) stops Web Reporter log jobs

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm having a problem with Web Reporter getting the logs from Web Gateway when there's an admin user logged in on the box.

If I change my Session Length on Web Gateway to a small size (5 min) I reduce the probability to have someone on the web interface at the time Web Reporter needs to get the logs but I don't wanna to live with this.

Any ideas?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sroering
Level 13

Re: Sessions on Web Gateway (web interface) stops Web Reporter log jobs

Jump to solution

It's because Web Reporter does not know how to deal with the response from MWG. This was fixed in 5.1.0.  Upgrade to the latest version and the problem will be solved.  However, this will require a schema update which can take a while to run.  Also, 5.2.0 will be release very soon, which will require another schema upgrade.  I'd recommend holding out until 5.2.0 is release if possible. Then you only need one schema update.  There are several other benifits to waiting.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
maxgb
Level 7

Jump to solution

MWG - 6.8.7

WebReporter 5.0.2.02

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Jump to solution

It's because Web Reporter does not know how to deal with the response from MWG. This was fixed in 5.1.0.  Upgrade to the latest version and the problem will be solved.  However, this will require a schema update which can take a while to run.  Also, 5.2.0 will be release very soon, which will require another schema upgrade.  I'd recommend holding out until 5.2.0 is release if possible. Then you only need one schema update.  There are several other benifits to waiting.

0 Kudos
maxgb
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi sroering,

I've decided to change my enviroment and force auto-pushing after log-rotation.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Jump to solution

Well, with that solution, it's likely that the MWG's pushed all of their access logs to the MWR since they had no history of sending data.  And it's likely that much of those logs were already imported, so you are going to end up with duplicate data in Web Reporter.

If you just modified the existing log sources, this cannot really be undone, except for deleting all the data and reimporting.

maxgb
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok, but I was loosing my logs due the log-rotation/ deletion criterias.

So, I understand that I'm not having any problems like that. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I now running 2 MWG boxes in a cluster configuration and my login credentials for the pushing are being replicated from the first to the second (as expected), but I would like to have different accounts and on the MWR  the correct log source being reported on the Jobs tab. I'm now seeing the same host as log source!! This happens because the MWR consider the credentials to identify it.

Message was edited by: maxgb on 4/27/11 5:34:34 PM CDT
0 Kudos
sroering
Level 13

Jump to solution

So long as you understand that if logs are being pulled or pushed, the files that have been transferred are only tracked by the side performing the action.  When you switch sides like that, MWG will push all logs on the first cycle, then new logs after that.  If some of those were already imported, the data would be in the DB twice.

0 Kudos
maxgb
Level 7

Jump to solution

Ok, I understand the problem.

What about the fact MWR identifying the 2 boxes as the same log source due the use of the same login credentials? Can I solve this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
eelsasser
Level 15

Jump to solution

I would recommend that you create 2 log sources with different credentials, one for each MWG. That way you can run reports that distinguish between the two log sources.

Configure each MWG to have different credentials and in the Central Management don't replicate the Log File Pushing parameter between the two boxes.

0 Kudos
maxgb
Level 7

Jump to solution

It was exactly what I've done. :-)

except the fact I don't have the Log File Pushing parameter in the Central Management.

There's only one item related to logs: Log file rotation.

0 Kudos