Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLOPEZ
Level 7

Secure Web Reporter. Path where log files are copied prior to importing them

Jump to solution

Hi McAfee!,

When importing I see following message on logparsing.log file:

(FileGetter) Begin copying log files from 'X:\Directory\ProxtLogs\' into log parsing

I was wondering where this files get copied to as I need to provision my disk space correctly I currently deal with 10 to 15 GB log files every day.

Regards

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
asabban
Level 17

Re: Secure Web Reporter. Path where log files are copied prior to importing them

Jump to solution

The path should be:

/opt/McAfee/WebReporter/reporter/tmp/logparsing

There are a couple of sub directories there, "processing" is the one which holds the files during the processing, but maybe you want to re-mount the whole partition if there is not too much disk space.

On Windows the path of course changes from /opt/McAfee to C:\Program Files\McAfee [...].

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
3 Replies
asabban
Level 17

Re: Secure Web Reporter. Path where log files are copied prior to importing them

Jump to solution

Hello,

as far as I know the Log files are put into the Web Reporter folder, somewhere in a subdirectory. This means that you need the necessary free disk space on the Partition you installed Web Reporter to.

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos
MLOPEZ
Level 7

Jump to solution

Hi Andre,

Could you be a little more specific? I would like to know the exact directory in order to mount it with a junction on some other directory I have free space.

Regards

0 Kudos
asabban
Level 17

Jump to solution

The path should be:

/opt/McAfee/WebReporter/reporter/tmp/logparsing

There are a couple of sub directories there, "processing" is the one which holds the files during the processing, but maybe you want to re-mount the whole partition if there is not too much disk space.

On Windows the path of course changes from /opt/McAfee to C:\Program Files\McAfee [...].

Best,

Andre

0 Kudos